Being a writer comes with its own set of challenges no matter what stage you are in. Published. Unpublished. Your writing journey is your own and what you make of it. We’ve all had our fair share of ups and downs. Luckily, the writing community, both online and in-person, is a vibrant source of encouragement and inspiration.
The one thing I found is that there are others out there like me: mothers who are writers too! Woo! I’m not alone! Finding a community is important for your journey. Over the past couple of weeks, others have been posting their successes for 2017 and dreams for 2018. I also recently watched some videos about branding and platforms for authors. My brain swirled with ideas for days until one struck me.
In January 2018, I’m launching blog posts for and about mothers who are writers, simply called Mother Writers.
The posts will be based on my own personal experiences as a writer who is a mother of two, but I invite other mother writers to contribute too. I hope you will find encouragement, ideas, and inspiration from these posts within the community, but also the reassurance that you’re not alone in this writing journey!
How to submit:
I’m looking for your stories, experiences, tips, and strategies for writing as a mom. If you’re interested in submitting as a guest blog contributor, please follow my guidelines.
Mother Writers Submission Guidelines
Your submission must:
- be written by you.
- be part of your personal experience as a mom who is a writer. The content has to fit within the blog theme and blends both being a writer and being a mother in the content. Mother Writers is a blog for and about mothers who are writers trying find balance in life.
- be positive, inspiring and motivating. Humor and gifs are definitely welcome.
- include your name (no anonymous authors) and a one line bio.
- not be more than 1000 words.
- not include buy links to your books.
- must include the entire content of the submission. For example, I don’t want to see the following, “To read the rest of this, visit and read my blog.” As a part of the bio, I will include a link to your website/blog.
You may email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no attachments. Paste the blog submission into the body of the email. Put “MOTHER WRITERS – [title of blog post]” in the subject line of the email.
Keep in mind:
Posts are prescheduled and typically go live every other Thursday, depending upon the number of approved submissions.
If your post is a good fit for the blog, you will receive a response. If you don’t receive a response, please feel free to try again with a different submission.
I may ask you to revise your post to make it clearer or stronger. Your title will include “Mother Writers” as a part of it. Your post may be edited for clarity, grammar, and overall style. If there are any major changes made, you will be asked to review and approve it before it goes live.
This is a just for fun and inspiration blog.
Thank you for being part of the Mother Writers community!